English as a Second Language (ESL)
Briarwood Presbyterian Church offers a weekly adult English as a Second Language class (ESL) for learners from more than 17 countries. Our classes are taught by trained volunteers who love working with internationals. We have specific-level classes, conversation classes, and a variety of activities during the semester. Classes are free, and textbooks cost only $10. These classes and activities are a great opportunity to practice English in a relaxed environment. Classes may contain Christian content.
ENGLISH CLASS SCHEDULE
Register here or register when you arrive
For our SUMMER schedule please click here
Monday Morning English Classes:
1st Day of Class: Monday, January 8
Last class: Monday, April 22
- Monday mornings from 10 to 11:45 am
- Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Fellowship Hall
- Free nursery available for 0-5 yrs old- Click here to register your child– choose “ESL Class” on the form under scheduled events as the reason you are dropping off your child
Wednesday Night English Classes:
1st Day of Class: Wednesday, January 10
Last Day of Class: Wednesday, March 20
- Wednesday nights from 6:30 to 8pm
- Briarwood Lower School in room # E313 (located at Briarwood Church)
- Free nursery available for 0-5 yrs old- Click here to register your child– choose “ESL Class” on the form under scheduled midweek events as the reason you are dropping off your child
- Older children are welcome to attend Briarwood’s childrens and youth ministry activities.
SUMMER 2024 ESL details coming soon or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
BIBLE STUDY FOR ENGLISH LEARNERS:
Do you want to learn more about the Bible and practice your English? We are offering a small group Bible
Discussion for English learners on Thursday mornings! Email Caroline for more information.
WANT TO BE AN ESL TEACHER OR VOLUNTEER?
If you would like to volunteer or teach ESL with us, contact Caroline. We would be glad to share more information about our program, help you find the best way to get started, and train you in teaching.
We look forward to seeing you there!