The Men’s Ministry of Briarwood Presbyterian Church is called “Men of the Covenant,” and our goal is to ensure that our church and our families, in this generation and the next, are led by strong, able, Christ-like men. We believe that building men of character and conviction is one of the highest priorities in the mission of the church. Discipleship-oriented courses make up the nucleus of our ministry. Other special events tailored especially for men round out our focus on equipping men to “act like men.” Questions? Please contact Leigh Ann Reese for more information.
…that in everything He might be preeminent (Colossians 1:18).
2015 SUMMER STUDIES
Mondays at 11:45 a.m.
Sanity for Men, Re-creating Your Mind in a Crazy Culture
10 Week Study • June 15–August 17
MOE’S BBQ, 731 29th Street South (Meet upstairs.)
In a crazy culture where sin is often promoted, it’s hard not to be negatively influenced. As Christians, we are not to be conformed, but are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. This study will focus on how we can practically do this in Christ, by the power of His Spirit.
Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m.*
Proverbs—Path of the Righteous
9 Week Study • June 17–August 19 (no meeting July 29)
Briarwood Fellowship Hall
King Solomon asked God for the ability to discern between good and evil, and God gave him great wisdom. We can also receive God’s wisdom through the study of Proverbs. Join us as we learn right from wrong, good from evil, and how to walk in the path of righteousness.
1. June 17 – Proverbs 1 (Way of the Fool vs The Instruction of Wisdom)
2. June 24 – Proverbs 2 (Wisdom, God’s Gift & Man’s Task)
3. July 1 – Proverbs 3 (Trust the Lord, Find Wisdom and Her Rewards)
4. July 8 – Proverbs 4 (A Father’s Instruction)
5. July 15 – Proverbs 5 (Warning, Death of Sexual Sin)
6. July 22 – Proverbs 6 (Folly of Ignoring Wisdom & Fleeing Adultery)
7. July 29 – NO MEETING
8. Aug 5 – Proverbs 7 (Seduction of the Adulterous Woman)
9. Aug 12 – Proverbs 8 (The Everlasting Treasure of Wisdom)
10. Aug 19 – Proverbs 9 (Call of Wisdom or Call of Folly)
*Coffee and refreshments provided.
For more details on these studies, email email@example.com.