“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
The Children’s Ministry Staff desires to help make this season meaningful for your family by presenting an additional special interactive Christmas lesson for your children during advent. Our hope is that as your children interact with this lesson, their hearts and minds would be pointed towards Christ as we learn about the birth of our Lord and Savior.
All Briarwood members who register their child or grandchild online will receive a box of materials that will interact with our Christmas lesson. The box will be dropped off on the member’s doorstep prior to our video being posted online.
- The box will include object lessons, crafts, supplies, discussion questions (and even some fun, unexpected items) that the kids will use to interact with our lesson.
- To ensure your child will receive this year’s Christmas Box, you will need to register online as soon as possible and by Sunday, December 13 at 5:00 p.m.
- Boxes will be delivered on Wednesday December 16.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Partnering with you,
John M. Evans, Briarwood Children’s Pastor
The Children’s Ministry Team can’t wait to see you and your children as we reopen for CONNECT (Grades K4–3) and IGNITE (Grades 4–6) on September 9. We have updated our safety protocols to help us be more effective in protecting you and your children, our volunteers and staff. Here is what you need to know as you prepare for your return:
- Beginning Wednesday September 9 and 16, a number of our Congregational Communities will have the opportunity to meet on a bi-weekly basis with child-care provided through our Nursery and exciting activities provided by our CONNECT and IGNITE Children’s Ministries. The Congregational Communities that meet on Wednesday nights have been assigned to meet bi-weekly and aligned to take advantage of our nursery and Children’s Ministries. Congregational Communities have already received communication about which night they are assigned to meet (those without Nursery or Children Ministry age children are meeting on Tuesday or Thursday nights). If you have further questions, please reach out to your Community Pastor or contact Ray Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please click here to read the Children’s Parental Protocol Agreement Form (members and non-members). Parents will need to check the box that you have read the form and agree with it to bring your children. Even if you have already signed the Nursery Parental Protocol Agreement Form for the nursery, please make sure you read and sign the Children’s Parental Protocol Agreement Form, as it has important details about CONNECT and IGNITE and drop off and pick up. Additionally, all non-members need to read, print out, sign and bring with them the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (There will be copies at the check in stations also).
- Remember, if you have Nursery age kids please make reservations for them at briarwood.org/nursery.
If you have any questions, please contact John Evans at email@example.com.