Breakout Session 2— 10:30–11:15 a.m.

In The Know: Kallie Davis and Abby Leib

If you’re a parent of a high schooler or passionate about that age group, this breakout is for you. We will be discussing how to bring up hard conversations with teens, so they can take on the world from a biblical perspective.

Intended Audience: Moms of senior high students




Forgiveness: Amy Lattner

C.S. Lewis said “Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until he has something to forgive.” As the forgiven people of God, we live daily with the reality of God’s amazing forgiveness. So why is it so hard to forgive? How do we biblically and practically forgive those who sin against us?

Intended Audience: Anybody





Parenting Anxious Children – Consider the Lilies: Chesley Peed

Anxiety is a pervasive companion to many of us in the family of believers. We have our suspicions of the causes, but do we know the solutions and how to implement them? During our time together, we will learn to see how biblical principles are accessible and relevant to our struggles with anxiety. We will also seek to learn how to teach our children to biblically combat this struggle with anxiety.

Intended Audience: Parents of anxious children



The Wayward Child: Cindy Reeder

We hear it all the time. My child is …….fill in the blank. Our hearts sink with worry and fear. What went wrong, what is happening to them. They don’t/won’t listen to us. HELP.  What does God’s word say in times like this. Let’s explore.

Intended Audience: Parents of wayward adult children





Deepening Your Relationship with the Lord: Yvonne Welch

The love of Christ is supreme to any earthly relationship. Time dedicated to seeking the Lord helps us get to know Him, to discover His attributes and determine His will for our lives. Just as Jesus invested many hours of prayer with his Heavenly Father, so we should deepen our relationship with Lord as we set apart time in prayer each day. In Isaiah 40:31, we are told, “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” This session will teach us how to “wait upon the Lord” by prioritizing quality time to be with Him each day so we can know our Savior better and be strengthened by His “Amazing Grace.”

Intended Audience: Anybody


All the Single Ladies: Melody Weaver and Kristie Harrick

For most of us, we are good with being single 95% of the time. However, the other 5% of the time can just be hard and discouraging. In this session we will talk about “the good, the bad and the ugly” of being single. We will talk about all the things that come with being single – joys and struggles, loneliness and independence, hope and heartache. Through the session we want to encourage you, equip you, and challenge you to walk in trust and hope in the Lord 100% of the time.

Intended Audience: Singles